C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 23:04:41 -0400
Mag,

As much as I loathe needles - and I have a real phobia of them -- I always
get a flu shot every year.  I'd far rather take that ounce of prevention and
a bit of a peace of mind rather than worry about getting the flu and missing
a lot of work.   True, researchers can't always predict the next strain but
the shot will hopefully lessen the severity of the flu should you get it.

We had three people on my floor get sick with flu this past winter, and they
all had bad cases - none of them had been vaccinated.

Kat