C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 08:57:15 -0400
Carla,

Well, for me, I attribute alot of my issues right now to not really
exercising/stretching/strength training AT ALL for 3.5 years...other
than running after my son who turns 3 Wednesday!  But, I see a marked
difference in my balance and ability to stay on my feet when terrain
is varied or when I transition to, say, sidewalk to grass or to
gravel.  And going downhill, even some curb cutouts, are
challenging.  I am also seeing a lot more rigidity to my spasticity.
But at 36 I am not on any meds and still get around with on aids
(other than orthotics in my shoes) so I am feeling pretty lucky.  I
know I am a ticking time bomb for early arthritis, though, so I MUST
get back to water aerobics this summer.

But, whenever I go to the docs, they don't even really assess
anything related to my cp at all.  It is only if I request PT that I
get a good workup and can monitor progress (or lack thereof) the docs
just don't get it.

Linda Macaulay

MAX Audio-Video
717-898-2920 (office)