Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:17:18 -0600
From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I know the following message wasn't directed to me (at least not
entirely), but I want to make a couple of comments anyway.

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:50:45 -0600, Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Nutritional ideas offered by myself in part stem from bodybuilding, while
> reducing them to that sport evidences little participation in the
> contemporary Geist.

The contemporary geist, as you put it, is quite often wrong about matters
of diet and health (if it were not so, then dietary and fitness
recommendations would seldom need to be changed).

> ... It seems to me the issue
> at hand is optimization of health and fitness,

Agreed.

> a journey the sensible would look at in the terms of thebroadest
> possible spectrum extending from Paleo
> establishment of our metabolism through state of the art science.

It is also sensible to reject ideas which are unfounded, illogical, or
which contradict evidence and experience -- regardless of whether those
ideas came from a cave drawing or the latest state of the art science.

> Paleo without appropriate fitness in concert with our makeup is akin to
> it.

Agreed.  I have made this point before myself.

> Sorry my seniority offends you.

This wasn't addressed to me, but I'll respond anyway.  Age and experience
are not offensive -- condescension is.

> Among Japanese, I'm called sensei due to having earnedmastery
> certification and lifelong teaching licensing in 1972, along with a MA.

Oddly enough, I too practice a martial art, and am frequently called
sensei, even by those who I consider much older and wiser than myself.  I
don't take it personally.  ;-)

--
   Robert Kesterson