C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
JOHN RUNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 07:11:42 -0600
My 9 year old daughter, Mary now needs voice recognition software and hardware for school.   The nueropsychologist wants us to focus on Mary's verbal and auditory strengths and not push hand writing or reading.  He stated that yes she can read and write, but it is making her work way to hard and tecnology like books on tape, CD-roms and DVD's would help her learn mor effiicently due to the area of her brain damage.    The testing on all areas that The Elks Hospital did puts Mary at an average of 6 years old physically and mentally and the school does not get it cramming the 3 r's down her throat.  The Elks say Mary needs to learn to function not how to please the school system.   So where do I look for the technology to educate a child either through school or at home who has right side weakness, major anxiety and cognitive problems,  oh and dyslexia!

Thanks,

John Runer
Challis, Idaho