Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:02:17 -0600

Nashville, TN local news 1/10 Channel 5 ran a small report on Irritable
Bowel Syndrome on 6:00 segment.  Reporter was Katherine Walters.  While I
missed some of it, gist seemed to be that a Scandanavian study - Swedish I
think - had reported something like 80% success rate in relieving IBS
sufferers' symptoms (study size around 15 or 20 as I recall) using
hypnosis.  They also suggested that 10% - 15% of adults suffer from IBS.
I did not catch the local medical professionals interviewed.

I've emailed the station suggesting a Celiac followup.  I've got nothing
against hypnosis, but the segment got me to wishing they would tackle
Celiac as a very real, provable, albeit "mysterious" when undiagnosed or
improperly diagnosed, condition.

To the Middle Tennessee support group (which I've never attended) perhaps
you all want to call Channel 5 at (615) 248-5250 or visit their Web site
and use the "send a message" feature there to let them know we're out
here and we need proper attention from the medical community and media.

News Channel5 Web URL is:
http://www.infinet/nc5/nc5top.html

Jack McFadden