From:
Dana Beer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 15:55:27 -0400

Several people have requested the restaurants that I have has such success
with.

The Inn at Little Washington in Washington VIRGINIA, about 1 hr from
Washington DC, is not only THE BEST FOOD ON THE PLANET. Patrick O'Connell
(chef and co owner) baked muffins, friiters and cookies just for me, to
compliment the rest of the outstanding 5 course, 5 star meal. It is off the
beaten path, and expensive, but I would eat there once a year, and drive 2
hours, rather than have mediocre food on the cheap around the block. GO!

The Frog in the Redneck in Richmond was also most accommodating, and the food
is fabulous. Thank you Jimmy Snead.

Reinhold Heller, chef at the Lanatana Colony Club in Bermuda, where I
recently stayed for 5 glorious days, would call me every morning to discuss
the menu. He modified several things so I could have them. The salmon with
(fresh) horseradish sauce was to die for. I brought my own pancake mix, which
they prepared for me with blueberries and real maple syrup. He purchased rice
bread for me, which was served at every meal. I even had grilled ham & cheese
for the first time since being diagnosed. They cleaned the grill first, of
course. He also baked some kind of (horrible) bread, which I felt obliged to
eat. When we ate at another resort one night, he called their chef to review
the menu for me! He got a big thank you and a giant can of Virginia peanuts.
I highly recommend Bermuda and Lantana. It was one of the most perfect
vacations I've ever had.

I sent a fax with my restrictions in advance to all of these places.

Not such good luck last week in Washington, DC. Alerted Palladin, at the
Watergate hotel, that a fax was on the way, made a reservation and left my
phone number. When we arrived, I was informed that they never got my fax (my
machine displayed transmission completed). Moral: always ask the maitre d' to
call and confirm receipt. Nonetheless, I had a nice meal of salad, squid, and
lamb chops. There wasn't a desset on the menu I could have. How I miss creme
brulee' and souflees. Sad to say the food was not very memorable considering
the $$$. We had planned to go to Jean Louis, but was closed on Monday.

Anyway, I dine out alot (plain and fancy) in Richmond, Virginia and
Washington DC, so contact me if you're in my neck of the woods.

Am going on a Royal Carribean cruise in 4 weeks. Just faxed instructions
today and asked for confirmation, so we'll see how that goes. I'm a little
nervous, because 8 days is a long time to keep it all straight. I will
probably bring some mixes with me, as well as crackers, bread and condiments.