From:
"Christine R. Childs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 17:03:25 -0600

My son has used the wheat based play dough on occasion, but his DH rash
always gets worse.  He is very good about not putting his hands in his
mouth when he uses playdough or makes cookies at school (I get to eat
them....).  Some of his teachers were able to find other recipes for
playdough.  I think it is important to stress to the teacher the problems
w/ celiac disease and see if there is an alternative available.  If not,
I let my son do these tasks (even knowing that it is not good for him
physically) while stressing caution - I think it is much more damaging to
keep him from participating in class activities (under no circumstances
do I ever allow him to eat or drink anything he is allergic to or that
contains gluten - that pushes *participating* over the line).

Christine Childs