ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2010 12:05:28 -0600
Scars and Dreams

By Phil Scovell

 She was frighten; as frightened as the day it happened.  She was only five
years old at that time.
Her father made her sit with him and watch the Exorcist at home on their
television.  Now, all she
remembers was the horrific and hideous fear that gripped her at the time,
running down the hall to the
bathroom, and vomiting until there was nothing left in her stomach.  As we
talked on the phone, she
couldn't even bring herself to mention the name of the movie or to use the
word, 'suicide,' for fear such
might come to pass.  She was 39 years old now and living a broken life as a
result of demonic oppression.  I
understood what she was saying and I was aware of these events from previous
prayer sessions so I knew,
without words, what she was seeing in her mind as a little girl and
experiencing now as a grown woman.

 As we prayed into the fear oppressing her, through her tears she stammered
and said, "I see Jesus
standing in front of me.  His hands are stretching out to me but they are
cupped.  I clearly see his scars.  I
don't understand what it means."

 Knowing she was on a prepaid cell phone and talking long distance, I didn't
hesitate because I
knew her time was limited.  I told her what the Lord told me in her behalf,
which I normally do not do, but
time was, as they say, 'of the essence.'  Calling the woman by name, I said,
"Jesus is showing you His scars
as an indication that He is aware of your scars that are hidden from sight
by the world since they are on the
inside of you.  He wants to heal you of the pain and take away the fear."

 This prayer session had started with this lady saying how she didn't know
her own identity and
that she wanted to be close to Jesus and honor Him with her life but found
she couldn't due to all the mental
and emotional brokenness she faced.  It was just like Jesus to show her how
He wanted to identify Himself
with her through the sharing of scars.

 Do you have scars no one can see?  Jesus has scars you can see and thus you
can know that He
wants to be with you, where you are, now and forever.  Plus, He wants to
remove the pain and replace it
with what He holds in His cupped hands.

 A day or two following this prayer session that ended abruptly due to her
cell phone batteries
running down, I asked the Lord, "What was in your cupped hands?"  He said,
'Her dreams.'  Then I
understood.  Our dreams are the secret things we desire the most in our
lives.  We day dream about them
and wish they would come true.  Jesus holds your dreams in His hands; the
hands with the scars that gives
Him personal identity with you and everything you have faced regardless, you
heard me, regardless of what
those things may be.  He can, and will, heal them and you then can share
your scars with Him because He
will forever heal them and make you whole.

It Sounds Like God To Me
WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.com