EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 22:34:51 -0400
I am not familiar with Webct, but if it's a web-based application, and the
clever NaturallySpeaking navigational strategies for web pages do not work
(e.g., saying the name, or part of the name, to navigate to links), then my
guess is that the links are graphics. In that case, the "Image" command may
work. (The images will be numbered; then you say either the number itself or
"Choose x," where x is the number).

If NaturallySpeaking's scolling commands don't work, try "Press Page Up,"
"Press Page Down," "Go to Start of Document," "Go to Bottom of Document" or
"Press Home Key" and "Press End Key."

If all else fails, use "Mouse Grid" to navigate. It is not an efficient way
to get around, but it does work in most contexts. You can also use the
"Press Tab Key" command to go link to link, and Press Shift Tab Key" to go
to the previous link. If the Medical version is based on the Professional
Edition (and I think it is), you may be able to create voice macros to
replace verbose commands.

If you are having trouble dictating into fields, try the "Show Dictation
Box" command. It rarely fails. Just make sure the application you are
dictating into has focus before issuing the "OK" command, or your freshly
minted text may be sent to Kingdom Come!

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com