From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:41:38 -0400

Questions can be directed to the author (Christine M. Goodwin) of the survey

Good day:

I am a kidney transplant recipient and am going for my Doctorate in
Education at St. John's University in NY.  My topic is how colleges and
universities serve students with chronic illnesses( including Celiac
Disease). I understand how hard it is to balance living with a chronic
illness with college, life, and family. I was diagnosed with kidney disease
when I was 15 and received a kidney transplant eight months later.

I need your assistance. I am looking for college aged students (18 years of
age and in undergraduate or graduate/law school) with a chronic illness(es)
(mentioned above) to complete a survey where they can share their
experiences of going to college or graduate/law school with a chronic
illness. As you can understand, it is very important to obtain this
information. More and more students with chronic illnesses are trying to
obtain their degree(s). I want to educate my fellow colleagues at the
university level across the country(as I also work at St. John's) how
important it is to serve this population and how their needs are different.
Please note that my survey is completely anonymous and has been approved by
the Institutional Review Board at St. John's University-NY. The data from
this survey will be used for the completion of my doctoral dissertation as
well as then shared with the Association on Higher Education and Disability
(AHEAD) to inform college administrators on how best to serve students with
chronic illnesses.

If you are a student and have a chronic illness,  I would greatly appreciate
it if you would click on the link below and complete the survey by July 1,
2009. Every response counts.
http://irsurveys.stjohns.edu/4/GoodwinStudent/
or
http://tinyurl.com/mvfawc

 Even if you do not fit the above criteria, but know of someone who fits the
above criteria and who would be willing to complete this survey, I would ask
that you forward this e-mail to them.  I thank you in advanced.
After completing the survey, if interested, the participant may submit their
e-mail address to be added to a pool of participants for a drawing for
either a $100, $75, $50, or $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble.  The e-mail
address for the drawing will be sent to a database not associated with the
survey to maintain the confidentiality of the responses.

Thank you very much for your time and support.
 Christine M. Goodwin
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439