ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:19:01 -0700
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deb Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:55 PM
Subject: [Ann-update] Some Announcements and Other Things Regarding Ann
McCay

Hello everyone:
First, thank you so much for your kindness to us in these past few days. It
has been such an emotional roller coaster. Of course there's joy and relief
knowing that Ann has finally gone home to be with our Lord and her immense
trials are over. But there is also the loss of my friend and the finality of
the entire situation. Still, each day is better and I am very glad to have
had my friendship with Ann for these 37 years. I have quite a bit of
information for you which I wanted to get out as quickly as possible.

Memorial Services:
There will be a service in Nashville this Sunday afternoon. Ann's brother
contacted all of you who I thought could even remotely attend this service,
but if you weren't contacted and want that information you can obtain it
from Ray McCay at [log in to unmask] I know that several of you will be
going and this will really encourage Ann's mom.

Memorial Service in Seattle:
Please mark your calendars for Saturday July 11 at noon for a service and
lunch to honor and remember Ann. Here are the details:
Saturday July 11 starting at noon.
Northwest Church
15555 15th Ave. NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
Please RSVP so we can get an approximate head count for the lunch. It's
going to be really fun for everyone who can come.

We will record the audio of the service and stream it for those who cannot
attend. But I don't know of a way to get the fabulous food and fellowship to
you if you're not there. If you're coming from out of town or need any
assistance, please let me know and we'll do our best to help with any
arrangements.

Pictures and Stories:
If you've got pictures or video of Ann we'd like to borrow it. Please write
to me at [log in to unmask] and we'll work out the logistics. If you've
got a story about Ann and won't be at the service to share it, please feel
free to email it to me. And if you'd like to record your message as an MP3
or other audio format we'd be glad to include that when we stream the online
version of the memorial. If someone has a good phone patch maybe we can
stream recorded phone calls as well. Lots of ways for you to participate.
And more if we can think of them.

Memorial Contributions:
Ann didn't want any flowers etc. She would like donations made as follows:

Northwest Church
15555 15th Ave. NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
The church has many community ministries to meet the real needs of those in
our community, and supports Ann's primary mission that everyone should know
Jesus Christ.

Christian Relief Fund
Box 19670
Amarillo, TX 79114-1670
CRF supports aids orphans in Africa and was a very important ministry to
Ann.

Ann's burial:
Ann is being cremated and will be buried on the church grounds with a tree
planted in memoriam. She wanted to be placed at the church rather than being
sent somewhere that wasn't important to her. We're glad she'll be there too
so we can stop and remember her under her tree. It's a beautiful spot.

What about this list?
We're almost done with our journey together. I have one more thing to do in
addition to taking us through the services this weekend and in July. I'm
reading through all the updates and writing all the things I didn't write at
the time. It's a bit gritty at times, but I will invite you to share it when
it's finished in about a week I think. We'll post it to our web site so that
you can read it or not as you're comfortable with it.

There's probably more to say about Ann's final hours and other recent events
but I think I'm saving that for the consolidated update since I know these
are things  that can be very upsetting to read. I'm glad I could be with
Ann. I'm glad I could serve her these past three years. And we've enjoyed
getting to know so many of her friends.

More announcements coming soon I'm sure. Thank you all again for your
kindness and love to us. Please continue to pray. I'm still very tearful and
struggling with my overflowing emotions. But I'm very glad for Ann that she
is free and at home.

Deb and Rick

database 4193 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com