From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:35:37 EST

When I read the original post about Prego's products not being gluten free,
I went under the assumption the person was making a comment that NONE  of
Prego's products were gluten free. We have used Prego sauces for many  years and
so I was concerned. I sent an inquiry to Campbell's via their website  and
included a copy of one of the posts that was on this listserv. (I do not  have a
copy of what I sent to Campbell's.)

Unfortunately some of us are not real clear when we make a post to this
listserv and it prompts undue concern in some cases. Per the message I received
from Campbell's today, Prego does have some gluten free products. I did not ask
 about their Pace brand. Following is the response I received.

Campbell's message follows:
We received your message and appreciate your  taking the time to contact
Campbell Soup Company to learn more about the use of  gluten in our products.

At Campbell, our number one priority is to delight our consumers. I'm happy
to send you a list of our gluten-free products via the mail. Please respond to
 this email with your complete mailing address.

The following Prego Sauces are gluten free:
Prego Pasta Sauce
Fresh  Mushroom
Organic Mushroom
Organic Tomato Basil
Traditional
Three  Cheese
Prego Heart Smart Sauce
Heart Smart Onion & Garlic
Heart  Smart Ricotta Parmesan
Heart Smart Mushroom
Heart Smart Traditional

Please keep in mind that product recipes change frequently and ingredients
are periodically added and replaced. Therefore, I advise you to check the
ingredient statement on each package to be certain that the product is still
gluten-free.

I hope I've been able to answer your question. Please contact the Consumer
Response Center or visit Campbell's website if you have additional  questions.

Thank you for visiting the Prego website.
Prego Web Team
KLD

I do agree with them that it is critical we read the list of  ingredients on
the labels each and every time we make a purchase. As for printed  lists, I do
not rely on them. My feeling is printed product lists are  only accurate at
the time of actually preparing the list. Once it goes to print,  it could very
well be out of date. Reading the list of ingredients on the  product is the
most accurate list there is.

Thank you for letting me share my two cents worth.

Nancy
WA