VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 29 May 2011 17:12:09 -0700
for quick notes or calendar-like information, I use braille. I carry 3x5
inch index cards and a double-sided notecard slate in my purse or bag, and I
whip that out whenever I need to jot anything down. I also keep index cards
and an index card slate on my desk next to the phone.

for meetings, I used to use 8.5x11-inch sheets of paper with slate and
stylus to match. After I got my mPower BT, I started using that instead.
Though I really like the BrailleNote, I've had enough crashes and lost data
that I save often and always carry paper and slate as a backup.

More recently, I've started to use my Android phone for quick notes. For
example, if someone has a phone number to give me, I add it to my contacts
directly, or if I find out about a meeting, I add that to the calendar right
away, or if I'm at Starbuck's with a friend who's dying to tell me her
latest easy recipe, I may type it into the phone directly. I'm more likely
to use the phone if I'm not in a hurry and there isn't a lot of ambient
noise. but I often write it down in braille as well.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]