From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:44:52 -0500
PNP-7D is the cable you need.   Has a 5 pin din plug for the buffer and a 7
pin din for the radio.     This one fits a large number of Kenwood radios.
If you were using this buffer with the 430, it is the same cable, but you
will not use any external 12 vdc supply for the buffer when using the TS-50.
Only the TS-530 and TS-430 need external power for the buffer, all others
draw needed power from the 7 pin din on the rig and you are warned in the
manual not to connect 12 vdc  to the buffer unless  you are running a 430 or
530.

I'm sure you will get  replies on the other parts of your question.

73, Steve KW3A..