From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:47:25 -0400
Hi, folks:

In light of my impending move to Colorado, I am now in the process of
dropping my charter.net e-mail account, and switching everything over to g
mail.

I have enabled IMAP to integrate g mail with Outlook Express, and have
configured Outlook Express according to the instructions on the g mail web
page, but still have a few unsolved problems.

My biggest concern is with folders.

Currently, in my g mail imap account, I have an inbox, a drafts folder, and
a sent folder.

I'd like an outbox folder, and a trash or deleted mail folder as well, but
can't seem to be able to create them.

I like an outbox for pending mail, since it is one way of knowing if I'm
having problems sending mail.  I'd also like the deleted mail or trash
folder, as a way to go through deleted mail just to be sure I'm not
accidentally wiping something out that I really want to keep.

I have all of the desired folders still in my charter.net account under
outlook express, but don't know how to get them into the g-mail portion of
Outlook Express.

Secondly, I have a question regarding filters:  What are your
recommendations for
g mail filter settings so as to minimize spam, but also minimize the chance
that something accidentally gets put in spam without my knowledge?

Thanks, guys, for your help.  I really do appreciate it.

Please reply to me personally at:

so that we don't clutter up the regular list with this off topic material.

73 from Tom behler:  KB8TYJ