From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:24:17 -0400
That's always been my theory, that's like we have an antenna we use at field
day, when it rains, the performance goes in the toilet. I told someone about
that Saturday when he said something was wrong with the radio, I told him,
every time it rains that antenna goes horrible. He said "the swr's good" I
told him, I realize that but in my 7 field days with this club, I've had it
rain at least 3 of them, and all 3, the swr was good, but while that antenna
was wet, it was very close to a waste of time even using it. It finally
dried yesterday morning, and wouldn't you know, business picked up. We ran
75 all night anyway though and that one is for 20.