From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:40:40 -0400
Tom,

I think the current cost for a new or renewal of a vanity is $12.30 for 10
years.  The fee has fluctuated over the years and it wouldn't surprise me if
it went up  sometime in the future.   As Chris said, the FCC site is  easy
to use and you won't have to pay the extra fee charged by  third parties
who will  do it for you.   You probably want to wait till you get out there
and do the vanity and change of address at the same time. However  there is
no reason you   couldn't get the call changed now  since there is no
restriction  on having  a call with a  different number than the call area
you live in.

73, Steve