From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:03:14 -0400
Hi.

Two weeks ago today, Christmas came for me.  I got a TS-2000, as well as the
TM-V71A radio, among several other things.  Among these was the interface
cables to get the 71 up and running on Echolink.  Yesterday I decided to
hook the radio up and see what it would do.  After some tweaking of
Echolink, I can proudly say that the radio works just fine with it.  I did
call Kenwood because of the radio not transmitting my audio, but they sent
me right to the Echolink web site, which I was already looking at.  After
changing the transmit audio to the intel sound card (I don't remember the
exact setting), it started working like a charm.  It's kinda neat to connect
to the nodes around the world.  I've checked into the Handiham net this
morning, and last night a local ham connected to a net on a repeater in
Australia.  I originally purchased this radio because I was misinformed by a
salesperson and was told the TS-2000 wouldn't cross-band repeat between 2
meters and 440.  I decided to keep the radio since it works on Echolink.
Currently I have it set up as a simplex link from the apartment, so its
range is limited.  Later on, if I get permission, I may put it on one of the
local repeaters.

If you want to connect to me, my call is N8EGA.  The link node is 453579.
If I link to a repeater, that node is 453581.

That's about it from here.  I do have an Echolink question, but that's for
another message.

73
Kevin Minor, N8EGA, Lexington, KY