From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:39:54 -0400
Hi, all.

As I think you know, I am planning to purchase another TMV71A.  This one
will be used in the motor home. ... I'm going to purchase the rig once I
finalize the sale of my older TMV7A.

But, in looking at the literature on the TMV71A, I'm confused about
something:

For the RV set-up, I'm going to have to separate the rig from the control
head.

It appears that I have two options for accomplishing this.

One is to buy the PG5F cable extension kit. .. This apparently includes the
extension cable for the control head, an extension cable for the mic, an
extension cable for an external speaker, and an extra DC power cord.

My other option is to purchase the DFK3D detachable front panel kit.  This
apparently includes a mounting bracket for the control head, plus the cable
extension for the control head.

The detachable front panel kit is cheaper, but apparently doesn't include an
extension cable for the mic.

I can't figure out why one would buy this kit, without needing a mic
extension cable, since the rig is still separated from the control head.

Obviously, I don't need all the extra cables in the entire cable extension
kit, and it seems a shame to spend all that extra money, but it might be my
only option.

I called R and L today to ask if I could buy a mic extension cable
separately to go with the front panel kit, and they said no.

Am I missing something here?

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ