From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:13:43 -0400
Hi to all on both lists, I hope.

I am getting ready to sell the Kenwood TMV7A that I currently have in our
motor home, so that I can get enough bucks to purchase the newer TMV71A to
then put in the RV as my main VHF/UHF rig.

I have done some scouting around to come up with what seems to be a
reasonable asking price, but could use the oppinion of others to be sure I'm
being fair and reasonable.

What I'm selling is the TMV7A itself, which is in good working order.  The
display on the control head does not seem to have the problem that some of
the earlier 7A's had, but I will re-confirm that with sighted assistance
shortly.  The rig, of course, has the VS3 voice chip installed. ... Along
with the rig, I have an extension cable kit as well, which I believe cost me
$60 several years ago.

I'm thinking of asking $200 for the entire set-up.

I don't want to price it too high, since you then get into the idea that,
for a hundred or so more dollars, one could buy a new rig, but it seems like
$200 might be a good asking price.

We have a local ham fest coming up next week-end, and our club has a table
there, so I'm hoping to unload the rig there.  I also have one person in our
club who is considering buying the radio.

Any thoughts?

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ