From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:14:32 -0400
You would need a power supply, it comes with a stock hand mic, up to you if
you'd like to use something better or not. I hear very few people sticking
with the hand mics these days and less than half sound decent on any newer
radios, 570, 870, and TS-2000, it depends on your voice and settings. I tend
to prefer desk mics, or boom mics personally, in fact I never took the hand
mic for mine out of the box. I have heard a couple that sound decent though.
It's a starting point anyway. It's the same mic they've used since the early
or mid 80s though and time for an upgrade if you ask me.
don't forget you would need the VS-3 voice read out chip if you want it to
speak frequencies and what not.