From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:20:57 -0500
The thing is,  many guys can't get on the air,  cq-100 allows people to make
cw contacts.  When anybody who is so high and mighty to condemn something
that others use, until they hook up their own stations through the Internet,
and therefore allow Generals and above to get on beloved HF, through their
own stations, you don't have any ligitimacy to complain about what other
people do.
If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem.   Many
people don't have the incomes, Independant Living skills, or time to live in
houses or flats where they can put up even a mobile vertical.  With the
conditions as they are, how fun is that anyway?  We can't even live in our
apartments and operate mobile from our cars.  Remember, we don't have cars?
How many of us have difficulty finding housing, they can't legally
discriminate against us, but saying "no antennas" isn't discrimination, but
those landlords would surely be relieved not to have us.  Just respect how
hard it is for some people to enjoy the hobby that they have worked so hard
to join.
Their even are parts of the world, I think they are called big cities, where
nobody lives anywhere except in apartments.