From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:31:41 -0600
Is the old Ten Ten Club around for ten meters?  I used to work loads of ten meters and forever was being asked for my ten ten number, which I didn't have, because I wouldn't pay the 9 dollars and 95 cents to the guy running the national and international club.  That was when I started saying, Who said you can't make money off of ham radio.  I must admit, on the other hand, I was number 168 of the CFO, which stood for Chicken Fat Organization, for hams who copied high speed CW and worked W9TO back in the sixties, seventies, and eighties but then again, that was free.  CFO operators signed off by sending the CFO chicken cluck sound on CW which took the place of the shave and a hair cut, six bits thing we all are familiar with that's been around for longer than I am old.  I still do that when working one of the old club members, too, the CW chicken cluck sound, I mean.

Phil.
K0NX