Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 07:41:14 -0400
7bit
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
I've seen many times over the years, and I do mean many, where you spin the
dial on 15 or 10 meters and hear nothing but one station. You assume he's
local since it is just that one but then you pay attention and it's DX, and
often great, so you work him. I think a lot of times people just assume the
band's dead when it's not and someone has to try it. I can't tell you how
many times I've run in to that over the years but it's more than once a
year. Or, when I was on there every night talking locally, we'd check the
band now and then to see what's going on and come back, all of a sudden, a
DX station comes in and talks to us for a half hour or so, rest of the
band's dead but he was scanning the band and ran in to us.