Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:10:08 -0400
Hi Bobby,The Icom IC703_ it's definitely smaller in foot print size and
power, but has a dynamite built in tuner.  The  gives 160-6meters,Does All
Modes, ten watts max, Accessible with the UT-102 Voice Cynth Chip, and with
the Millenium QSYER from John hanson, a fifty dollar item for we blind
folks, you've got direct entry..It's easily portable, and does pretty
nicely.  Gary Lee, And Ron Miller on this list, each have one.  I've had
one, and so has Jack McSpadden/all four of us blind operaters, working the
radio successfully.There were some problems early on with some of the
radios, Icom has since admitted there were some quality control issues,
were, as of a couple of years ago, when I had mine, and I believe, still
will do all three mods  for free, on older radios, and in addition will mod
any of them for sixty meters, for an additional 30Dollars.
The radios are almost identical in size, configuration, and operation, to
the 706 series of radios, but of course, the 706 series _doesn't have a
built in tuner, but does also give 2meters, and in the case of the mark 2G,
70CM as well.
HTH, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu..