Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:01:35 -0400
Hi.

For those wishing to try their hand at scripting the behavior of the slider
controls like the ones that colin made reference to, I found the function
that I was looking for.  You would need to have some way to identify the
window handle of the slider control, but there is a function called
MoveSliderPos in the JAWS scripting language that will allow you to
increase or decrease the position of the slider by a percentage which you
specify.  A positive number will increase it while a negative number
decreases it.  My idea would be to modify the scripts for up and down
arrows or right and left arrows to use this function to manipulate the
slider controls.  Specifically, in your HRD script, you would want modified
versions of the SayNextLine (), SayPriorLine (), SayNextCharacter (), and
SayPriorCharacter ().  You could even make special versions of the
JAWSPageUp () and JAWSPageDown () scripts to move in bigger steps.  If
these truly are slider controls that JAWS can recognize and manipulate,
this should resolve the issue of adjusting squelch and volume, I should think.

I've forgotten where I put the message that had the URL for downloading HRD
(I used to have it in my favorites, but I changed computers and I don't
think the bookmark made the transition(.

If someone wants to shoot the address to me, I'll look into this further
and see what I can figure out.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK