Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 23:10:02 -0400
Hi.

I used to have a 100 KHz Frequency Standard that put a carrier at every 100
kHz interval up past 30 MHz.  It was one of the Radio Shack P-Box kits,
which I picked up for the whopping sum of $9.95.  It took 3 AA batteries,
and worked quite well.  I used it for years with my old tube gear with
sometimes not real well calibrated dials.

Maybe if you make some noise, someone might still be able to find some kind
of a marker generator that would let you at least guestimate where you
are.  One that would generate 25 kHz markers would probably be best, but if
you can figure out how many kHz per turn on the knob, you can estimate the
frequency pretty closely with some reference points like that.  Especially
with a radio that has nice linear tuning like the TS430S has.

Personally, I always liked that rig.  The only reason I sold mine is
because I got laid off from work and needed the money more than I needed
the rig.

73, de Lou K2LKK