Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 12:41:04 -0800
From:
Daniel Moran <[log in to unmask]>

        The secret I use to make gluten free cake moist.

No matter what recipe I use the cake comes out not the way I used to eat cake. I have been trying for years but I still get the same thing. Dry cake!. I have found if you read my article on “flours”, it comes down to the rice flour that is put in the cake.

It takes for ever for rice flour to properly cook so when we eat our cake the flour is not cooked all the way and it just doesn’t collect the moisture that we come to expect in cake.
I love my sweets, cake or cup cakes is a must.

What to do? I am going to give you some pastry ideas I learned in the pastry department and you can try them.
1.	simple syrup (sugar and water)
2.	Gluten free chocolate syrup. Thin down little.
3.	Jello (unflavored or flavored) follows the directions and put on in liquid form.
4.	Pudding thinner then usual so when it sets up..

You bake your cake like you always do and you let it cool down. Then once it is cool you take a fork or tooth pick and punch a lot of holes in the cake. You are making little tunnels for the product to go down and moisten up the cake.  I use a pastry brush to brush on the product but I also have just used my hand and dribbled it on carefully. Brush the liquid on the top of the cake and let it run down your holes.

For your white or yellow cake you can use the simple syrup or the jello.

I use the chocolate syrup and pudding for my chocolate cakes.

I put on the product and let it sit awhile then flip it over and go from the bottom side. The moisture is soaked up by the cake and keeps it moist when you eat.  Try this and see you can really have a moist cake every time.

Chef Daniel “P”

http://chefdanielp.com

Gluten Free Chef
Articles on Gluten free living