From:
Joan McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:01:26 -0400

I received several responses to my request for Ft. Meyer's - thanks to all of
you who responded - they are as follows:

Ada's, which was great is dying and the "expansion store" in a beautiful new
mall is empty.  At the Sunshine Mall on Estero BLvd there's a fairly good store
called "For Goodness Sake" where I bought several  GF items. However, the
best bet is the new Whole Foods in North Naples - it's huge, beautiful, and a
great find.  The Fresh Market in the Bell Tower Shops Mall has a few good
things too.

Good Luck with restaurants and don't go to their Uno Chicago Grill down there-
 I did and am still recovering from what could only have been a non GF free
pizza, though I was told it was ok for me.   "The early bird salad bar at
Charlie's Boat house on Estero Blvd was good, but the food off the menu was
very dry.

Publix has a GF section in their "health foods" dept.

We go to Ft Myers every year and I have had great food at Bone Fish Grill
(ask for the GF menu) and Carabas Italian (again, ask for the GF menu). We
always stay on Sanibel Island. Other than one place there we have had GREAT
assistance, great help and GREAT food!

I was just in Naples (very close) and Bonefish was excellent and had a
GF menu. I also ate at PF Changs near the Fort Meyers airport and their
GF menu is great too. Good luck!

Check on Whole Foods. I know there are at least 2 in Naples which is next
door to Ft Meyers.

A Pizza Fusion is opening sometime soon in Ft Meyers. They have really good
gluten free pizza

There is also a Noodles cafe in Naples http://www.noodlescafe.com/

PF Chang's is in Naples and might be in Ft Meyers

Just returned from 5 wks. at Ft Myers Beach.  Ada's, which was great is dying