From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:12:32 -0500

Was in Arlington, VA, right near Pentagon yesterday. Looked around Pentagon City Mall, and ended up outside at Sine Irish Pub and Restaurant. There was also a Champs, but the cigarette smell was horrid (evidently, smoking is still permitted in Virginia!), and their menu looked problematic, so we tried Sine.

I was able to get grilled salmon on a salad, with sweet and hot peppers. I passed on the parmigiana vinaigrette and feta cheese and just had some balsamic vinaigrette, on the side. It was quite a good salad, and the salmon was not marinated in anything. Was spicy. Waitress understood gf, which is always a good thing.

For dinner, we went to Legal Seafood in Crystal City, nearby.

Just adding to the list of possibilities. I know there were quite a few postings about DC, because of the inauguration, but I didn't have time to look anything up, and had no clue where I'd end up.

Both of these were close to the hotel where we were visiting someone. Walking distance to the mall and Sine. Hotel shuttle to Legal Seafood is available, but we drove.

I guess it's not a shock that a tobacco growing state like Virginia still allows smoking, but it was annoying for me, since I have asthma and cannot be near smoke. Sine's host said their smoking doesn't start until around 2pm on Sundays. I don't know if that's policy or coincidence.

Lin