VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:39:52 -0700
"what's a floppy?"  ha ha.  You are right of course,
however, I figured that Albert, who's been on this list for
a while, could pick his medium of choice.  For the record,
all manufacturers still make floppies available either
installed with the computer, or as an outboard USB device.
I just ordered computers for my employer, and a floppy drive
only cost $15, so I had one put in all the machines.  I
still find them mighty handy when dealing with legacy files,
or just for a very quick sneaker net file transfer.  Can't
tell you how many times someone has sadly said to me, "I
have this file I need, but it's on a floppy, what can I do."
I wave my cape and say, "step right over here my dear
friend."

(tear falling) Remember when you had to use 5.25 inch
floppies just to boot up?  Ah those were the days when geeks
were geeks and women couldn't stand them.

lol
Bill