From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:10:06 -0400
Hi Rick,

I would really recommend that you pick up a dummy load that can handle the
power from the amp.   Tuning up on the air only pisses people off and  just
makes QRM for others.   It can also be helpful in  trying to sort out
station problems like swr, rfi, and other stuff.

I kind of thought it was you that had  fluctuating swr on the vertical a few
weeks ago.  If you took some things  out of line and then put them back in
line and all seems good now, maybe you can isolate the problem to the things
you were messing with.   Maybe a loose connection on something that got
tightened   properly the second time around, or maybe a       bad connector
or jumper that just happens  to be in a good spot right now.

Good luck, hope to work you sometime, Steve KW3A