From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:58:44 -0400
Hi Tom and List;
I have to comments about your adventures with r & l.  Several years ago I purchased a new ts570 from aes complete with vs3 and cw filter.  I had used them a number of times and there was never an issue concerning install of accessories I was buying.  In this case my trusty sales rep was going to send the radio to the service department and have them install the accessories and add a basic service charge to my bill.  Needless to say that sale never happened.  To their credit, hro happily installed the accessories with no questions asked.  We didn't even get into the whole "I'm blind and helpless" discussion.  I simply asked if they could install the filter and vs3 prior to shipment and they cheerfully said "no problem".
The reply you get may have a lot to do with the competency of the sales rep you happen to end up with.  I'm glad the situation was happily resolved.
Richard