From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:37:47 -0400
Trust me, Kenwood's record is a lot better than everyone else's right now.
Look on the icom reflector at guys who have IC756 proIII's and 746 pros and
the like that have been to the shop as many as 7 times in 3 or 4 years, the
IC-7000 which has a rep for driver problems and they don't even make the
driver anymore for it. And I can count on one hand the number of people with
yaesu radios in the last 10 years that haven't been in the shop very early
for repairs, no quality control there at all so I guess one Kenwood here or
there happens but it still looks better than everyone else's records the
last few years. I think I only know of 3 people who've had problems with
Kenwood radios in the last 8 or 9 years, and most of the people I know use
Kenwood gear mostly. That's counting this problem BTW, personally I only
know one person who's had a problem and that was with a 570 about 8 years
ago and they replaced it free.