THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phyllis Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:42:05 -0800
Skipper and all;

You are so right , Skipper, about the weight gain being way
down the list of worst symptoms associated with
hypothyroidism.. I personally had all the other symptoms
prior to the weight gain. That didn't come along until, in
all their wisdom, my doctors determined that I must be
depressed and put me on Prozac. On that, I slept about 15-16
hours a day and gained 50 pounds in the 8 months that it
took my family to convince me that this treatment was not
helping me to get better. I couldn't function hardly at all
by that time. You know, the missing 10 years of my life
because of poor mental and physical function is what makes
me mad as hell. Not the fact that I had gained all this
weight. And I expect another 10 years has  been shaved off
due to the stress on body parts due to hypertension, high
cholesterol, etc. So many of the medical profession would
have us believe that the reason we want more thyroid is to
lose weight and that is just so much dung. And as far as
hypothyroid weight loss, I  know a patient of Dr. Derry's
who gained back her 20 pounds lost prior to being treated.
She is now able to attend law school as she is no longer
sleeping her life away and can function normally. How
terribly sad when our children are kept in that condition.

Sure some of us are paranoid about the reason for continuing
lack of treatment for the cause instead of the symptom. With
good reason. There are pharmaceutical interests that only
are concerned with the the money in treatment and this is
evident in documented falsehoods that they perpetuate even
when in receipt of facts to the contrary.

Phyllis Davidson

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]