Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:29:06 -0500

Hi All,

I received a lot of replies to my original post asking about places to eat at Disney World.  Most everyone said to contact WDW to make reservations ahead of time.

One reply said her 11 yr. old son said that we HAD to go Tony's Italian Restaurant.

One said to contact the head Chef at Magic Kingdom [log in to unmask]   I did this and she set me several attachments with list of places to eat, list of GF food at different restaurants and a few other.

Some recommended restaurants were:

            Liberty Tree Tavern - Magic Kingdom

            1900 Park Fare - for breakfast - Grand Floridian

            Sci-Fi - Disney Hollywood Studios

            Mama Melrose - DIsney Hollywood Studios

            O'Hana - Polynesian Resort - Great Mickey Waffles

            Garden Grill - Epcot

I also received an article that a lady just published in Food Matter magazine.  I attached that article.

I was at a GF event near my home and spoke with a couple who both have Celiac and 3 of their 4 children have Celiac.  They went to Disney and did not make any reservations for dinner and they said they did not have any trouble eating.  Actually they decided  to go one day and left the next.

We are very excited about going.  We are going to make reservations for a breakfast with the characters and O'Hana's for dinner.  Someone said when make reservations ask for a window table during the fireworks.  They said it was gr
eat to sit there and watch.

If I have anything more to add when we get back I will do so.

Kelly - Chicago Heights, IL