From:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:44:50 -0500

I have been suspecting that I have a thyroid issue for the past few months.
Mainly due to fatigue so I made a doctor's appointment for two weeks from
now. I did some research and found that many people used to have thyroid
problems due to lack of iodine. If you didn't eat much seafood then you
became deficient. The government's solution was to fortify salt with iodine.
Problem solved. I have been GF for 6 years. And in the past year I have
stopped eating any highly processed food. I don't eat out but one or two
times a month. And with all my cooking I use kosher salt (Alton Brown said
it's the best for cooking!). So no iodine. So I did a little experiment.
Before I started I would come home from work, crash on the couch and
couldn't move. I was dizzy all the time. For the past 6 days I started
eating one small bag of highly salted potato chips each day and unbelievably
I have gained back about 75% of my energy. I am only occasionally dizzy. So
I will stop the chip experiment until the doctor's appointment and get
tested.

Has anybody else had this problem and found that iodine was the solution?

Stacy