From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 22:48:18 +1000
I use an old version of Norton Ghost and back up to a file on the USB
drive. I have Windows 97 burned on the DVD together with a copy of
ghost. Windows 97 has the capability of running  bat files, deleting
files and loading Ghost). The process can be automated by having a .bat
file that deletes the previous copy of the "C" file saved by this CD
then loads ghost and runs it with  command line switches that tell ghost
what to do (what to image and what file to save it in).
By having three different DVDs that differ only in what file to delete
and save to three images can be saved and used if required.
Instead of getting another USB drive, just connect it to the computer to
do a backup and that disconnect it and store it away in a safe place.

g.Computer9f wrote:
> "As for backing up to a file, by running the backup from a DVD, I can
> have the whole process automated. I use 3 DVDs to backup to 3 different
> files."
>
> I don't understand the above - could you explain it differently?
>
> I also copy my backup & images drive to a USB Passport drive.
> I'm thinking of getting another Passport & alternating - keeping one in my safe.
> I could put one or two image files of C onto a DVD, but my data partition is just too large for that now.
>
> AnnaSummers

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com