From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:57:46 -0400
depends on your budget. Some people really can't afford a lot of the
software packages out there these days. Another good reason, a real good
reason is if you're working on an old computer and they don't make versions
of software you want/need on it that will run on a system that old anymore,
be it a ham radio only computer you got out of the bone yard as I've done
for people, or trying to get someone on a budget something they can use but
it won't run new versions of office or what ever. There are times when you
don't have a lot of choice. Some of the prices they charge for some
software, MS office for one, and many others, are more unethical than the
people that find ways to get it free if you ask me.