VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:28:05 -0400
Interesting that your employer won't let you use shareware, but is fine
with using commercial software without paying for it.

So, my suggestion of using cygwin is probably not helpful.  What about
running a JAWS repair, possibly it is just a config setting for the
braille display that is screwed up.  Maybe taking a poke around the actual
jcf files to see what settings are listed there can be helpful.

Are you connecting the braille display via a serial cable, or usb?  Or,
serial to usb.  I've had issues in the past where, while using a serial to
usb connection, the computer got confused on which emmulated port it
thought the serial to usb connection was running on.  IE, JAWS expected
the display to be using com4 and the computer decided that the serial to
usb cable was now on com7.  Go to device manager and see what port it
thinks it is using.

Hope that is somewhat helpful.

--
Blue skies.