VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2010 07:36:03 -0400
Albert;

Kambian has stated that k300 is not for the blind and even though it is accessible on windows, they have no plans to provide vo support for it on the mac.  This is unfortunate because they also refuse to produce a solution for the blind on the mac.

I use abby fine reader for mac and though it works quite well, it is much like the blind friendly but stand alone scanning solutions for the pc where the document is processed into a file.  The file opens automatically though and the results are quite good.  There are other solutions and you need to make sure your scanner is twain compatible.

HTH!