VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 23:14:32 -0500
Hi:

After reading the article in question and the posts it generated
on this list, it seems that the main difference between those who
supported the suit and those that didn't is that the latter group
has more faith in the free market to address discrimination
issues without being forced to by the government.  I suspect that
folks who opposed Civil Rights legislation in the 1960s had the
same faith in free markets to overcome centuries of racism,
sexism, and the like.  I think that people can reasonably
disagree on the intelligence of a given law suit, but I find it
tiresome when conservatives always seem to complain about every
discrimination-related lawsuit every time in all circumstances
except when they are singing the reverse discrimination song.

Best, Peter

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]