VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:35:51 -0500
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Neil
Barnfather -
eHosting Limited
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:25 PM
To: 'Talks Mailing List'; [log in to unmask]; 'The Accessible
Phones
Discussion List'
Subject: Officially from Nuance

Dear All,

It is with regrettable sadness that I am having to write to you
to confirm that
Marcus Groeber has confirmed to me the sad news to which we've
been discussing.

Aged 47 years, Torsten Brand sadly passed away during a routine
operation
yesterday.

At this stage very little else is known other than to say the
obvious; Torsten
alongside Marcus were true pioneers in the world of accessible
technology for
the blind community.  Much is owed to their efforts and
activities spanning the
past decade and we all have much by way of appreciation owing to
them both.

Torsten was a genuine and inspirational individual who will be
missed by us
all.

If further information is forth coming I will pass this on to
you.

Regards.

Neil Barnfather
TalkNav