VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 17:28:42 -0700
Ron,

I updated my AVG recently, and it's what I think of as a download funhouse:
one page tells you to "Click here to download," only to take you to another
page that contains one or two new details and tells you to "Click here to
download" again only to take you to yet another page that gives you a smidge
more with further false promises, etc.,

I believe the page with the actual download links is this one:

http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

I suppose a more accurate term for this phenomenon is a click tease.

Whatever the name, I differentiate it from the download merry-go-round in
that the merry-go-round never actually takes you to a download link.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]