VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:24:40 -0500
Hi Peter and All

I recently joined Facebook. I use a mixture of JAWS and Zoomtext so
maybe not the best source of info but a few comments;

--I found several smart younger blind people I know from another event
on FB

--There is a Facebook group with some analysis of accessibility. Most
of the board is accessible fine except for a few little areas.

--There tends to be a lot of photo and video content and of course
hardly any of it has tags other than the magical index numbers. One of
these days when I have time, I will look up how to tag things and again
exhort my friends to tag their stuff. One could of course just set
one's screen reader to note only tagged graphics. but...

Hope these comments help.

Dorene Cornwell