From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:12:13 -0400
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 21:29:00 -0500, Kristina K. Carlton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If I could tolerate tallow I would love to eat it every day. Actually, I
>made some pemmican finally and LOVE it but have the same reaction to it as I
>do to cooked beef of any kind. Very disappointing.
It's sounding like you're going to do best on raw meat and fat if you can
get to that point. I heat my jerky and fat below 40 degrees celsius. It
doesn't store long, but I make fairly small batches, so that doesn't matter.
Maybe that would work for you as a transition to fully raw meats and fats?

I would beware of phosphoric acid. It rots teeth and damages kidneys;
although many medicines are quite toxic, so I suppose it could still have a
short-term therapeutic effect, but I would try less toxic methods first.

<<Claim: Cola-type soft drinks can damage your kidneys.

Verdict: FACT.

Despite their global popularity, there's nothing remotely healthy about cola
beverages: Drinking 16 ounces or more daily (whether diet or regular)
doubles your risk of chronic kidney disease, according to a recent NIH study
of more than 900 people. The researchers already knew that consuming any
type of soft drink—the average American adult guzzles 59 gallons' worth per
year—is associated with several risk factors for kidney disease
(hypertension, diabetes, and kidney stones), but the spike in the cola
category was remarkable. Experts suspect that the ingredient phosphoric acid
may be the culprit; it's been repeatedly linked to "urinary changes that
promote kidney stones," say the study authors. Cola has an additional knock
against it: Consumption is associated with significantly lower bone density
in women, increasing the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures, says a
separate study.>>

[Source: Wise Answers to Old Wives' Tales--Experts reveal the truth behind
the most popular (and persistent) health rumors stressing you out, By Ben
Cramer, Prevention,
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100212344&GT1=31036]