From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 07:48:30 -0600
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:54:16 -0600, Brenda Young
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I will address my brain about this and see what the two of us can
> comfortably come up with!!

Congratulations on avoiding the industrial foods.  That'll make things
easier.

If I could make a couple of suggestions:

Don't try to go cold-turkey.  The cravings will just kill you.  Wean
yourself off of
these things.  Make a list, and gradually by the day or by the week, let
go of things.
High on your list should be any form of sugar or sweetener.  They will set
up cravings for
all the other bad stuff.  Also, by cutting out sweets first you can help
to control your
hypoglycemia.  (been there done that; I recently got myself from a
high-carb diet full of cheats to the full Specific Carb Diet which is a
big overlap of paleo.  The process took me a month and was really entirely
painless and craving-free.)

Also, you'll probably have the best progress by figuring out a paleo
low-carb breakfast first.
What you eat for breakfast sets the pattern for the rest of the day.
Breakfast doesn't have
to look like "breakfast".  It can be meat, veggies, soup, nuts, or
whathaveyou.  A small low-carb high-fat breakfast keeps you going better,
craving-free, for lunch.  Then start cleaning up the lunch, which gives
you the strength to hold out until dinner.  Just gradually sweep these
things out of your diet.  I think you'll find that all your body systems
will be happier as a result.

Good luck,
	Lynnet