From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:34:40 -0600
On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 13:01:42 -0600, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> My body doesn't tell me the arachidonic acid contents of eggs, it tells
> me they are really tasty.  And I trust its ability to tell me how many
> eggs I should eat, seeing they are a natural food that has always been
> available to humans.  (We never lived in an environment with no birds,
> right?)
Right.  But my body says, "not too many eggs".  I can have a few.  But any
more
than that, and something says: "no more eggs for a while".  I haven't
figured it
out.  I don't have any symptoms, other than this temporary extreme
distaste for eggs.
I can eat about 4 eggs a week.  I believe eggs are a very healthy food,
and I'm not
restricting myself according to somebody's dietary notions.

That said, yes, in paleo times, eggs would have been available during
spring and
early summer, maybe up to mid summer.  And that would have been it.  I
believe that in
other climates, there would still have been a set time for eggs and
raising baby
birds, whether it is spring-summer or whatever.

We all could avoid a lot of food sensitivities, reactions, etc., by eating
what
is in season where we live, or where our ancestors lived.  In winter, eat
winter
vegetables.  Eat fruit in the summer and fall, not all year around.  Eat
eggs in
spring and summer.  Eat asparagus and spring greens for a few weeks in
spring.
Meat would have been available all year around, but particularly tasty in
the fall,
after putting on weight and fat all summer.  Nice fat grubs and so forth
in the summer.
Nuts in the fall and early winter only.  It's a different way of looking
at food.

	Lynnet