From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 00:21:07 +0100
On Sep 05, 2008, at 9:57 pm, Mark Wilson wrote:

> "Keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge for a source of quick protein.
> Have the egg whites and save the yolks for your dog to keep his coat
> shiny!"

He's got that the wrong way round, I only eat the whites because
they've got yellow bits in the middle.  I can't think of many worse
ways of ruining a food than removing the yolk from an egg!  Anyone
with working taste buds can tell you the yolk is far more nutritious.

And on the basis that humans and dogs have very similar natural diets
(at least a human can survive off a dog's diet, even if a human diet
contains too much veg for a dog), it doesn't make sense that
*anything* you'd give to a dog for nutritional value (ie, not
commercial dog food) would be unsuitable for humans.  Except bones
maybe, I don't have a taste for them as an adult.

I just can't think of any sort of reasoning that would lead anyone to
recommend discarding egg yolks.

Ashley