From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:06:26 -0600
From: "Larry Magee" <[log in to unmask]>

Larry, I think the need for salt intake depends a great deal on where you
live and how much you sweat.

I live in the Chihuahuan desert of New Mexico, and a lot of the local food
down here contains high amounts of salt.  I balance my salt intake, as I do
a lot of other things, by getting a full blood panel done during my annual
physical each year.  As you know, NA on the lab report denotes salt.

Quite a few years ago my mother and father lived on the coast in Florida.
Dad became more and more tired and the doctors told him it was just due to
his age, but it turned out that he spent so much time sweating while walking
on the beach, that his salt was very low.

If I were you, I would probably get some salt from food and some from
supplementation, but it would depend entirely on your lab work.

Kath